Feels like the seasons are changing once more. Summer into Autumn. It’s funny to think that this time last week, I was swimming in the sea on the Isle of Wight 🌊 and now I’m planning on how to make the house cosy for September 🍁.
I thought I’d share some of the key moves and decisions I’ve made over the past couple of weeks:
- I’ve created a DesignOps board in Airtable - mapping out all design projects in-flight with freelancers servicing them
- Taken bespoke proposals and moved them to one consistent way of working - called the Design Diary - which makes way for automation and error eradication
- Created onboarding material within Notion for freelance designers and researchers to get up to speed on how we work
- Ran open training sessions to build up familiarity with our framework and processes
- Built a Miro template that acts as the project management space we call the Clubhouse (it’s been used for 3 weeks and now needs an update!
- Got ahead of sales demand and interview around 5 candidates per week
If you’d like to know more on any of the above - happy to have a video call
about it - I like to speak to one new person every day!
I haven’t even covered what I’m doing with Butter
🧈 (TL:DR community go to market strategy) or Remote Sprinters
(TL:DR free Remote Design Sprint training).
Suffice to say - there’s plenty going on.
I sometimes wonder whether I’ve taken too much on, but I’m actually in a very fortunate position - and it does make me smile.
Now, back to the Saturday morning chores and training for that 200km gravel ride adventure I hastily booked myself on in 3 weeks time (will I do a vlog?!).
Here’s this week’s hot links: